Chirashi Sushi

0
A commenter on my previous Goong Sushi post inspired me to write about something I discovered there: Chirashi sushi. From Wikipedia:
Chirashizushi (ちらし寿司, lit. scattered sushi) is a bowl of sushi rice with other ingredients mixed in (also refers to barazushi). It is commonly eaten in Japan because it is filling, fast and easy to make.
Goong Sushi's Chirashi is quite tasty and I haven't senn it anywhere else in Montreal (although I'm sure some other restaurant serves this too). From memory, Goong Sushi's Chirashi has BBQ Eel, three kinds of sliced raw fish, a shrimp, a tiny side of seaweed/carrot/mushroom? (I'm guessing here except for the carrots), some kind of crunchy side "thingy" with caviar on top (no idea what it's called) all on a bed of sushi rice. I always finish it clean everytime I order it...It's a nice dish if you're near there.



Post a Comment

0Comments

Respond to this post...

Post a Comment (0)