Planet Earth DVD Review

0
I realize I'm probably four years too late with this Planet Earth series review, but it's new for me and it's just such good stuff I have to praise it. It's amazing! And I'm just on disc number one!

Amazon.com has what seems like hundreds of reviews and almost all of them are 5/5 stars...Which is a pretty impressive feat in itself. So I had to see it for myself, and I'm glad I did. Some of the footage has never been seen before and has taken years to gather. If you like documentaries at all this is something you have to watch at some point in your life.

I really was leaning towards Blu-Ray for the supposedly incredible HD picture, but went with the DVD set since it had unique "how they did that" content that is not available on Blu-Ray version (don't ask me why). It's kind of like the magician showing you how the trick is done, which is just as interesting as the main event (maybe even more). My inquisitive mind, would not let me pass it up and I'm glad I didn't. When you see the effort, sacrifice and dedication crews go through to get this footage...It makes you feel privileged to see the fruits of their labour. Sucks for the Blu-Ray version though...

Post a Comment

0Comments

Respond to this post...

Post a Comment (0)