Barcelona: Etapes Restaurant = Great Food

2
From one of the worst restaurants to one of the best in Barcelona: Etapes. A small restaurant that was mostly reserved before we arrived; and filled to capacity minutes after we were seated (the waiter even had to turn people away). I feel fortunate that we were able to get a table without a reservation. Note: Now I must warn you that their phone number does not seem to work. I tried calling numerous times to make a reservation, but no one ever picked up the phone...Weird.

Service was quick and efficient. The appetizers were probably the best I've ever eaten in any restaurant before. They were good enough to make up for the mixed up order—I asked for cod, but received a duck burger instead. The waiter acknowledged his mistake and offered to go back to the kitchen; but I decided to stick with the nice looking duck burger. It wasn't as good as the appetizers but it was still interesting to eat. Dessert was a simple, but still nice brownie. The chef also came out to see if we were all satisfied with our meals.

Looking back, I'd say that the strength of the three appetizers we had were what put this restaurant way ahead of the game. Price-wise it's very affordable; not expensive for the quality of food that you get. Too bad we don't have this kind of restaurant in Montreal...It's a real shame.

I'm missing some pictures, but here are what I managed to take a photos of:

Appetizer: Foie Gras, pomegranate and some sort of biscuit


Appetizer: Ravioli, and so many other flavours I don't even know where to begin...


Main: Sea bass


Main: Duck burger


Dessert: Brownie


A small restaurant run by a small team when I was there (Google Street View is out of date).


View Larger Map

Post a Comment

2Comments

Respond to this post...

  1. man, this looks so deliciously good. I'll make a note for myself to check it out if I get a chance to visit the city again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth it if you are ever there...The salad (which I forgot to take a picture of) was also amazing...Taste and texture was interesting and flavourful too.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment